Thursday, July 8, 2010

PCRS #11--Another win! June 23, 2010


This week, with the end of the season coming quickly and with a quick add of the points, it was pretty obvious that I was going to need some teamwork from my team in order to pull off 2nd place overall. Since Asa's 1st place was pretty secure she was willing to work with me, thank goodness! Because of my poor performance the first half of the season with mechanical problems and back pain I needed a few more points to beat out Duv C. So, with a nice pull from Jill, Asa and I tore off on the first hill. I stayed right behind her for the first half of the first lap and then passed her on the downhill. She made sure no one came close to beating her and I rode my heart out, coming in 2 minutes before Asa and almost 6 minutes before Duv. It was the race of a lifetime! I took 1st, thanks to Asa's help.
Steve decided not to race this week.


Courtney Troy, Me, and Stephanie Denison.



Asa Salas, Jill Kollman, Me, and Jennifer Marie.


The beginning of the race when Jill pulled Asa and me with Duv (in the light blue) behind me.






This guy and I kept passing each other back and forth. It was obviously very frustrating to him, being passed by a GIRL. He was frustrating the heck out of me because he kept getting in my way and I couldn't afford to slow down. Finally, in an exasperated voice he asks me what I'm doing. I told him I was trying to win. He asked what place I was in, I told him 1st. He said "Oh." I asked what place he was in and he also was in 1st. So I told him we were obviously good for each other then. Buck up cowboy!

No comments: