Monday, June 14, 2010

Papa Cat's 41st Birthday/Memoral DayTeam Ride

Mike or Papa Cat, owner of Mad Cat bike shop, was turning 41 on Memorial Day. What better way to celebrate than a team mountain bike ride in Auburn? There were nearly 30 riders there. It was super fun! Thanks to Steve for staying home with the boys so I could go. What a sweetie!
(That's me 2nd from the right.)


Avery and me chatting. This girl is AMAZING!. She's only 11 and rides like a champ. She started riding at about the same age my boys have started riding. There's hope...


Riding through the pretty meadow.


George caught me coming out of the bathroom...


...so I had to show off.


This picture was sent to Niner bikes. They sell only 29er bikes. This means the wheels are 29 inches instead of 26 inches. These bikes are super fast and super cool. Probably at least half of the team rides a 29er. I was riding mine for the first time. That's me 5th from the left.



All 29ers.


Cruisin'.


This was the trickiest section on the trail but super fun!


Beautiful trail!


Pondering...


I was hoping to catch some air like everyone else was, but since it was my first time on the trail I didn't know what to expect and barely got my rear wheel off the ground. Lame.

No comments: