Sunday, June 7, 2009

Race #9--June 3rd





I blew past these guys from the side. See ya!



Betty is there every week dressed in some fantastic costume cheering us on, warning us to slow down or be careful passing others, and always doing it with such enthusiasm. Thanks Betty!



I've learned if you don't have a really good start you don't have a prayer in winning the race. You're lucky to even get in the top three. I had a pretty lousy start because of the new gravel they put down and sharp turn at the start. I didn't think it was worth killing myself over, so I didn't ride very aggressively at the very start, but I pushed hard the rest of the race and took 3rd place. Not complaining. Still hanging on to 2nd place overall. Three races to go!

1 comment:

Angela (Turner) Howland said...

I think the Betty thing is so fun! Gives you something to look for! Are these races in a different place every time or is this the same track over and over? You look awesome!